The Caspi Family and Caspi Cards & Art would like to wish you all a happy and healthy Pessach. Here is the recipe for Eran’s Mom’s Famous Matza Cake – Yummy! Share your favorite Pessach Recipes below.
Eran’s Mom’s Famous Matza Cake – עוגת מצה
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- ¼ Cup Coffee, strong and warm
- 2 Sticks Butter (or Non-Dairy Buttery Spread)
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 8-12 Pieces Matza
- Grape Juice, Orange Juice or sweet wine
- Take the butter (or non-dairy substitute) out of the fridge and let soften at room temperature.
- Mix the cocoa into the coffee and stir until well mixed, then let cool.
- When butter is soft, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and combine well (best with a mixer) until a rich, and slightly thickened butter cream is formed.
- Pour grape juice, orange juice or sweet kiddush wine into a dish large enough to dip the Matza. You can use 1, 2 or all 3 liquids.
- Dip both sides of a piece of Matza in the liquid, then place on a flat surface lined with plastic wrap.
- Spread the butter cream on the Matza.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until you use up the butter cream. The thicker the layer of butter cream, the sweeter the cake will be, but you should have at least 8 pieces of Matza.
- Align all of the layers of the Matza so that it will be easier to cut.
- Wrap the cake in the plastic wrap, and then wrap this in aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate Cake overnight.
- If you don’t want to use the raw egg in the recipe, you can omit it.
#mickiecaspi #caspicardsandart #pessach #passover #passover2018 #freedom #rebirth #love #joy #tikkunolam #holiday #holidayweekend #passoverseder #seder #sederplate #judaism #matza #gefiltefish #passoverfood #jewishdimsum #matzacake